Thursday, November 29, 2012

NYC Week 4 & 5

Whoops!!! I've been so busy I've sort of forgotten to make time to post updates!  Despite the lack of updates, the past two weeks have been so full of excitement.


To start, I finally went out on the weekend! I haven't really had the urge to go out in a while but for some reason I was finally excited to go and it was a great night!  The place we went was called Highline Ballroom (HLB for short) and it was full of men in suits.  Sadly the night ended in a less than stellar way with me leaving my license and credit card in a cab.  Could have been worse but sucks all the same.
Waiting to get into the club

The next day, I explored some of the financial district making stops outside of the New York Stock Exchange, Federal Hall, and the Wall Street bull to name a few.  As a numbers person, I was so intrigued to see so many people taking pictures with the bull!  It was not quite something I expected probably because I don't think that many people are interested in numbers, Wall Street, etc.
The Wall Street Bull
The rest of the week was full of work and a little shopping here or there until Thursday.  Thursday night I took a train from work to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.  I met my uncle there and we saw the Boston Celtics (my favorite team) play the Brooklyn Nets.  It was exciting to finally see my team play outside of Boston and I was so amazed to see so many Celtics fans there!! Despite the 97-102 loss, it was a fabulous experience and I was proud to be wearing my Paul Pierce jersey.
View of the Nets vs. Celtics from our seats
The next day I headed home to do my laundry go to a family birthday party.  The party was a blast, the food was delicious and it was great to have most of my cousins together before Thanksgiving.  Upon returning to NYC, Monday and Tuesday were relaxing.  I enjoyed walking by some of the 5th Avenue window displays and a little shopping in Bryant Park but the week became very exciting on Wednesday night!

You'll have to see tomorrow's post to hear all about Wednesday night and Thursday when I saw the Macy*s parade balloon inflation and the parade itself!

Until then, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment