Saturday, October 27, 2012

NYC Week 1: part 2!

Friday was my teams first FULL day at the office.  
One of these buildings is ours!
It was cut a little short though do to being stuck on the subway for approximately an hour due to a police investigation.  But the team began digging deeper into how to program and let's hope it's moving fast enough in the correct direction!!

After work I hustled out of work to go to Mia Chef Gelateria.  I had found a groupon not too long ago for a gelato making class and since I want to experience as much of the city as I can in my 2 months here, I bought it and was able to book the class nice and early!  There were 13 people (including me) at the class plus the instructor. It was very simple, fun, and tasty!

 We added the ingredients:


Mixed the ingredients:

The instructor took the gelato out of the machine (which cost approximately $20,000):

 Added topping to the gelato
Snickers Gelato, adding chocolate sauce
 And most importantly, took pictures and tasted the gelato!
Snickers Gelato from Mia Chef Gelateria
Each person at the class got to take home 4 pints of gelato, one pint of each flavor we made.  The flavors were: Cookies and Cream, Snickers, Double (or Dutch, I can't remember what it's called) Chocolate and Fig & Tequila!  It was so informative and the gelato I now have in my freezer is so delicious!

Today (aka Saturday), I ended up going shopping at the Forever 21 in Times Square.  It was absolutely amazing.  4 floors full of clothes and accessories.  It was interesting to see the range of ages of those shopping there.  There were girls no older than 12 all the way up to this much older woman (I'm guessing she's in her 70's) who I found in the shoes section checking out this pair of sparkly shoes:



After shopping, I did absolutely nothing except for eat some of the gelato I made yesterday and watching an NCIS marathon.  Unfortunately, it looks the Hurricane/Tropical Storm Sandy will be incredibly rough for this area so we will see how the next few days pan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment