Saturday, October 27, 2012

NYC - Week 1!

So I've spent the last week in New York City working on completing my senior year project for college. I moved in on Saturday and spent the day unpacking then went to dinner with my parents at a great Italian restaurant, Marcony Ristorante. The meal included a sample of their fried mozzarella balls, butternut squash soup, butternut squash ravioli and finished off with crème brûlée.  It was all absolutely delicious! After saying goodbye to my parents, I joined some other students from school and we went to Gallery 32 in Koreatown.  I enjoyed Nutella froyo with crushed oreos and fruit (nom nom nom!!!). The next day I chose to explore some of the city to start taking pictures. It was amazing to see where my family used to have businesses and to see many of the NYC landmarks!


The former location of my grandfather's business

The former location of my great-grandfather's family store

Entrance to Macy's

The ice rink at Rockefeller Center

Grand Central Terminal

Radio City Music Hall

The naked Native American
Monday through Wednesday we weren't allowed to go to work due to legal issues, so Monday I went on the Circle Line boat tour around Manhattan to see all of the major landmarks.


Freedom Tower & the financial district

Statue of Liberty

Brooklyn Bridge

Concorde, a supersonic plane that can travel up to 1,350mph

USS Intrepid, a WWII aircraft carrier
Afterwards, I bicycles around Central Park with one of my project partners and enjoyed the beautiful scenery.  Tuesday and Wednesday were much more lazy, only including some shopping (only bought a few pairs of shoes), Law & Order: SVU watching, and laying in bed.

We FINALLY started work on Thursday although it was only a half day.  We found out much more about our project and after returning home from work, fell almost immediately asleep. Friday and Saturday will follow in the next post!!


No comments:

Post a Comment